Friday, January 25, 2013

BABY MELLO MATERIAL BOARD ONE


LETTER ART / BALLOON ART / WILD THINGS ART / RUG / WINDOW PANELS / SCONCES / MOBILE / DRESSER / CRIB / ROCKER / BEDDING


One of my besties (since we were in 7th grade) is havin' a baby! I received a card on New Years Eve with a sonogram pic on the front announcing they had a baby in the oven, no joke, for three days I kept going back and looking at the card to make sure it was really from them. So I am going to be an aunt for the 4th time! And the best thing about that is you can woo over other people's children but you can swiftly give them back to them when you're done :)

They aren't finding out the sex, so that leaves a nursery to be designed without having to overdose on frilly pink things (yay!). I haven't seen the nursery, well I have but way pre little nugget, its been painted, what color I forget, sorry Joy I was listening I promise, but paint can always be changed (aka me making her change it), yes Joy if we need to repaint I will do it for free ;). But anyways so despite having not been over to see the room to jog my memory and to take measurements, and not yet really talking to Joy about what she wants, nor having a budget in mind I decided to just whip something up for the time being. I opted for an inexpensive IKEA crib (which I have heard great reviews on), there are a decent amount of options out there with a varying price point, but I would rather spend more money on other things in the room that will spend more time there in the long run. The crib is simple, but can be dressed up and layered with blankets and bedding. There are also great convertible cribs that will change to a toddler bed or even a full size bed as your child grows, but who knows what their (the parents that is) style will be when those times come, and who knows how much time baby mello will actually spend in his/her crib, will Joy decide to parent cosleeping? who knows, and this is just one option for now ...Joy I hope you at least LIKE it.

I would also like to do this to the ceiling...love it...


No comments:

Post a Comment